Between 7 and 9 a.m. Wednesday in the area of Campus Drive off Park Avenue in Florham Park, Morris County employees are expected to be on ATVs performing mosquito sprays, according to an announcement from the Morris County Freeholders Office.
It's one of several areas being targeted that day to combat an increase in West Nile Virus activity, the announcement says.
The Morris County Mosquito Extermination Commission plans mosquito spraying in the following sections of Florham Park, Morristown, Morris Township, Hanover and Montville on Wednesday morning, weather permitting:
- Florham Park - Campus Drive/Rt. 24 with an ATV mounted operation between 7a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Morristown - Hillary Ave., Hillary Court, Gregory Terrace, Cottage Place, Jersey Ave. and Cory Rd. with a truck mounted operation between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m.
- Morris Township - Emmet Ave., Corey Rd., Erin Ave., Highland Ave., Harvey St., Walnut St., Carlton Ave., Cleveland Ave., Cedar St. and Monroe St. with a truck mounted operation between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m.
- Morristown/Morris Twp. - Evergreen Cemetery with an ATV mounted sprayer between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Hanover - Patriots Path between East Frederick Place and Hanover Ave. with an ATV mounted sprayer between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Montville - John St. Park/old GI Auto with an ATV mounted operation between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
For more information, visit the Mosquito Commission’s website, www.morrismosquito.org.