As we look ahead to November’s elections, Madison Patch is devoted to bringing you the information you need about every race at the municipal, county and national levels. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Madison Borough Council: Two three-year seats . Democrats Astri Baillie, a former councilwoman, and Ben Wolkowitz are running against incumbent Don Links and Board of Health President John Hoover, who on Madison Patch.
- Madison Board of Education: Brenda Catalanello and incumbents Lisa Ellis and Kevin Blair for two, three-year seats on the , while board member Linda Gilbert is running unopposed to be elected to the remaining year of a term she .
- Morris County Freeholders: Three regular-term seats , with Democrats Wasim Kahn, Toshiba Foster (Morristown) and Joy Singh taking on GOP candidates John Cesaro, John Krickus and David Scapicchio. Republican Hank Lyon will face Democrat Truscha Quatrone for an unexpired term.
- 11th Congressional District: Longtime Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen, who faced no opposition in the GOP primary, Democratic Challenger John Arvanites, who also had no opponents in the primary.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.