Inhaling Dust Cleaner Leads to Store Employee's Arrest, Cops Say

Man passed out on desk after allegedly getting high off a cleaning product.

A 25-year-old New Providence man was arrested for "huffing" after he allegedly inhaled dust cleaner to get high and was found passed out across a desk in the basement of a Madison shop, police said.

Madison police and the Madison Volunteer Ambulance Corps responded to Blue Ridge Mountain Sports on a report of an unresponsive person around 6:20 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 10, and found the man, Robert Jones III, passed out on a desk, Det. Kenneth Shannon said in a news release.

After Jones was checked by the ambulance corps, Patrolman Luis Goncalves arrested him and charged him with inhaling fumes from a toxic chemical for the purpose of causing intoxication, police said.

During processing, police discovered an active no bail warrant for Jones' arrest out of Delaware County, Pa., and he was taken to the Morris County jail while awaiting extradition, police said.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, inhalant abuse often is done with common household products, including dust cleaner, and can cause a loss of sensation and consciousness. It also can cause spasms, brain damage, and death from heart failure or suffocation, among other problems, according to the institute website.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »