A fire started burning around a ceiling exhaust fan in the Madison Dunkin' Donuts Monday afternoon, and the blaze was put out with a portable extinguisher, the borough's fire chief said.
Chief Lou DeRosa said an electrical problem apparently caused the fire, which started in the men's bathroom and sent smoke billowing from the back of the Main Street store.
The Madison Fire Department was clearing the scene around 2:30 p.m. and the Madison Health Department was called to check the business before it reopened, DeRosa said.
A store employee said they planned to reopen around 4 p.m. While some food items had to be thrown out and selection might be limited Monday, the store expects to be back to normal Tuesday, the employee said.
Traffic on Main Street was detoured while police and fire officials responded. No injuries were reported.